Waiver, Release & Indemnity
Risk of Illness or Injury. The Guest is aware of the risk of illness or injury inherent in any program. The Guest and his/her child is participating in NOOK’s programs upon the express understanding that the Guest hereby indemnify, waive, and release NOOK, its employees, agents and officers from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses or judgments, including attorneys’ fees and court costs (hereinafter “Claims”) resulting from any of the following: (a) the Guest’s or child’s participation in a program or any illness or injury resulting there from; (b) exposure of the Guest or the Guest’s child to any illness or disease while on nook’s premises; or (c) any injury or damage to the person or property of the Guest or the Guest’s child while on NOOK’s premises.
The Guest further represents that neither they, nor their child, will be ill when coming to NOOK and the child will not, to the best of the Guest’s knowledge, have been exposed to any contagious disease.
Guest Responsibilities. The Guest assumes full responsibility for himself/herself, as well as the Guest’s children, authorized caregiver, and invited guests. The Guest shall indemnify NOOK, its employees, agents and officers against any and all liability incurred by any act of the Guest, child or authorized caregiver. The Guest agrees that he/she or their authorized caregiver shall remain on the NOOK premises at all times while their child is on the premises, unless otherwise agreed to by NOOK, and the Guest agrees to assume all risks that may occur should the Guest or authorized caregiver leave the premises.
Rules & Regulations at NOOK
The following rules and regulations apply to all NOOK facilities and may be amended at the discretion of NOOK management. On all questions regarding the interpretation of rules and regulations, the decision of NOOK shall be final. NOOK reserves the right to suspend membership privileges for violation of any rule or regulation.
- Indoor Play Space Policies. NOOK’s indoor play space is offered throughout the day for children aged 0-5 years old. Children using the indoor play space must be accompanied by their parent/legal guardian or authorized caregiver at all times. For your child’s safety, no food, drinks or shoes are permitted in the play area. Shoes of any kind are prohibited in the classrooms and the indoor play space. We request that all guests wear socks to the facility. Occupancy in the play space is limited to what is deemed acceptable by the Fire Marshall and reasonable by the management of NOOK. NOOK reserves the right to limit the number of children/caregivers that are in any enclosed area, including the indoor play space, at any one time. Guests acknowledge that such effort is made in order to provide as safe and fun an environment with limited inconvenience.
- Check-In Procedures. Guests will be required to check in with front desk staff upon entering a NOOK location.
- Stroller Policies. Due to fire safety regulations, NOOK requires strollers to be checked into the stroller parking area or checked at the front desk.
- Parent/Legal Guardian or Authorized Caregiver Presence. At least one parent/legal guardian or authorized caregiver per family must remain on the premises at all times while the member’s child is at NOOK.
- Personal Conduct. All Guests, their children, and their caretakers shall conduct themselves in ways that do not threaten the health, well-being, and full enjoyment of NOOK’s offerings by other Guests, their children and caretakers. NOOK reserves the right to remove any Guest from the premises for conduct that is judged to be detrimental to the welfare of other Guests. This includes the right to refuse a child’s participation in any class, program or service due to the child’s continued behavioral problems.
- Illness Policy. In consideration of our other members, please keep sick children at home. Children should not return to NOOK after illness, until symptoms have been absent for at least 24 hours. Please refer to the CDC’s website for specific information regarding contagious illnesses, or ask for more information at the front desk. NOOK reserves the right to send a child home to get well. If your child has allergies, please alert a NOOK staff member and include this information in your child’s medical sheet. NOOK does not have a medical staff available and is not permitted to provide emergency or other medical treatment.
- Animals and Items from Home. To help provide a safe environment, live animals other than service animals are not permitted on NOOK property. Children are not allowed to bring objects that may be a safety hazard, such as toys, jewelry, food or anything that may present a choking or strangulation hazard. Transitional objects such as blankets, stuffed animals or pacifiers are welcome.
- Personal Belongings. Any personal belongings brought to NOOK are at the Guest’s own risk. NOOK accepts no liability for loss or damage to such property. This includes, but is not limited to, any property left on the premises. Any property left on the premises and handed in to a NOOK staff member will be retained at Reception for thirty (30) days. After this time, the property will be donated or disposed of.
- Cell Phones. Please do not allow the use of cell phones to detract from your ability to supervise your child. NOOK requests that ringers be turned to silent or vibrating mode during your visit. Please speak in a low voice when using your cell phone.
- Cancellation policy. Guests with Open Play reservations may email email@example.com up to 24 hrs in advance of the reserved day and time to request a cancellation for a full refund. Requests for cancellation that are made thereafter will not be eligible for a refund. Guests who have registered for a Class Series may email firstname.lastname@example.org up to 1 week in advance of the beginning of the Class Series to request a cancellation for a full refund.
- Food and Drink. Guests are welcome to bring snacks to NOOK to consume in the snack area. NOOK is conscious of food allergies and is making its own effort to provide a safe environment for its Guests. FOODS CONTAINING NUTS ARE PROHIBITED.
- No Smoking. Smoking is strictly prohibited at NOOK.
- Alterations to Rules & Regulations. NOOK reserves the right to make changes to these rules and regulations at any time.
- Disclaimer of Liability. NOOK is not liable for any harm or loss to persons or property. Any protection exercised or offered by NOOK shall be deemed purely gratuitous on its part and shall in no way be construed to make it liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Guest. NOOK is not responsible in any circumstances for indirect, consequential or punitive damages.
- Holidays. NOOK is closed on the following days: Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day.
By purchasing a pass for admission to nook, Guest acknowledge that she has carefully read this agreement and understands all of its terms, policies and procedures, releases, waivers and indemnification of the facility. Guest agrees to assume all risks of bringing his child to nook and that in the event of his child’s illness or injury, Guest has no recourse against nook, its employees, agents and officers.
Non-compliance with nook’s policies and procedures may result in termination of membership and/or denial of service. NOOK has the right to update policies at any time. Please see www.playatnook.com for current information.